BCECE stands for Bihar Combined Entrance Competitive Exam. It is a state-level entrance exam that offers admission to professional UG courses in the field of Engineering, Agriculture & Medical courses in the state of Bihar. Bihar Combined Entrance Competitive Examination Board (BCECEB) is the authority that will manage the BCECE 2022 exam. Those interested candidates who want to apply need to fill and submit the application form before the last date. In this post, we are going to provide all the necessary details related to BCECE 2022.
BCECE Exam 2022 – Main Highlights
The major highlights of the exam are as follows.
|Name of examination||Bihar Combined Entrance Competitive Exam 2022|
|Commonly Known As||BCECE 2022|
|Authority conducting the exam||Bihar Combined Entrance Competitive Examination Board (BCECEB)|
|Course offered||Engineering, Agriculture & Medical courses|
|Subjects||Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry, Biology & Agricultural|
|Marking Scheme||Each question will carry 4 marks|
|Duration of the exam||4 hours and 30 minutes (1 hour and 30 minutes for each subject)|
BCECE 2022 Important Dates
The tentative schedule related to the BCECE 2022 is given in the following table.
|Main Events||Tentative Dates|
|Starting of application form submission||June 2022|
|Last date to register in online mode||Last week of June 2022|
|Last date to pay the application fee by challan||Last week of June 2022|
|Application fee payment last date online||1st week of August 2022|
|Availability of the correction window||1st week of August 2022|
|Releasing of the admit card||3rd week of August 2022|
|Date of examination||Last week of August 2022|
|Declaration of the result||1st week of September 2022|
|Issuance of the rank card||2nd week of September 2022|
|Beginning of the counselling process||3rd week of September 2022|
BCECE Eligibility Criteria 2022
Before filling the BCECE 2022 application form, candidates must check the eligibility criteria carefully.
General Eligibility Criteria
- Nativity – Candidates must be citizens of India. He/ She should belong to the state of Bihar or must have passed the qualifying exam from the state of Bihar.
- Age Limit – There are no criteria of age limit for admission to engineering /pharmacy courses. However, for health science course the age of a candidate should be more than 17 years as of 31st December 2022. Similar, the age of a candidate must be more than 16 years as of August 2022 for Agriculture course
- Medical Exam – Candidates selected for candidates need to go through a medical exam.
Qualifying Eligibility Criteria
- Engineering Course – Aspirants must have passed the 10+2 or equivalent exam with 45% marks (40% marks for SC/ ST candidates) with Physics & Mathematics as compulsory subjects with any one of the following subjects Chemistry, Biotechnology, Biology & technical vocational subject.
- Pharmacy Course – Candidates should have passed the class 12th or equivalent exam with a minimum of 45% marks (40% for SC/ ST candidates) with Physics & Chemistry as compulsory subjects any one of Mathematics & Biology Subjects.
BCECE 2022 Application Form
BCECEB will make the BCECE Application Form available in online mode through the official website. Authorities will not accept the application form in any other mode. The complete process of the application form submission is explained below.
- To fill the application form, candidates have to register on the official website of BCECEB.
- During registration, aspirants need to provide their basic information like name, phone number, email address, etc.
- The login credential will be generated after registration, candidates need to use these credentials to sign-in and access the main application form.
- In the main application form, candidates have to provide their complete academic, personal, and contact details.
- The details entered in the application form must be accurate. Otherwise, the application form can get rejected.
- Apart from the details, it is also compulsory for all candidates to upload images of their passport size photograph and signature.
- After submitting the form, candidates have to pay the required application fee.
- Finally, candidates should take a printout of the application form submitted for future reference.
- The application fees are different for candidates from various categories as given in the table below.
|Stream/ Group||SC/ ST||General/ BC & OBC|
|PCB/ PCM/ CBA/ MBA/ MCA & PCA||Rs. 500/-||Rs. 1000/-|
|PCMB||Rs. 550/-||Rs. 1100/-|
Mode of payment – The application fee can be paid online using a credit card, debit card, or internet banking.
BCECE Admit Card 2022
- After the successful application form submission, authorities will release the admit card.
- It is necessary for aspirants to provide their registration details in order to download the admit card.
- Important information like the date, time, and venue will be mentioned on the admit card.
- No candidate will be allowed to enter the examination hall without an admit card and one photo ID proof.
- Keep the admit card safe even after the exam as it is required at the time of the counselling.
BCECE 2022 Exam Pattern
The pattern of the BCECE Examination 2022 is given below.
- Mode of examination – Offline (Pen and paper based test)
- Type of questions – Objective type multiple choice questions
- Number of questions – 100 questions for each paper
- Duration of the exam – 90 minutes for each paper
- Subjects – Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry, Biology, and Agricultural science
- Marking Pattern – Each question will carry 4 marks
- Negative Marking – 1 mark will be deducted for an incorrect answer.
Subject wise exam pattern
|Subjects||Number of questions||Maximum Marks|
|Physics||100 questions||1.5 hours|
|Chemistry||100 questions||1.5 hours|
|Biology||100 questions||1.5 hours|
|Mathematics||100 questions||1.5 hours|
|Agricultural Science||100 questions||1.5 hours|
BCECE Syllabus 2022
The subject-wise syllabus of BCECE is given below.
- Physics – Physical-world and measurement, Kinematics, Laws of Motion, Work, Energy and Power, Gravitation, Motion of System of Particles and Rigid body, Heat and Thermodynamics, Properties of Bulk Matter, Oscillations and Waves, Behaviour of Perfect Gas and Kinetic Theory, Current Electricity, Electrostatics, Electromagnetic Induction and Alternating currents, Magnetic effects of current & Magnetism, Optics, Electromagnetic Waves, Dual Nature of Matter and Radiation, Electronic Devices, Communication Systems.
- Chemistry – Some basic concepts of Chemistry, States of Matter: gases and liquids, Structure of Atom, Chemical Bonding and Molecular Structure, Classification of Elements and Periodicity in Properties, Equilibrium, Thermodynamics, s-Block Elements (Alkali and Alkaline earth metals), Some p-Block Elements: General Introduction p-Block Elements, p-Block Elements, d- and f- Block Elements, Redox Reactions, Hydrogen, Organic Chemistry- Some Basic Principles and Techniques, Hydrocarbons: Classification of hydrocarbons, Environmental Chemistry, General Principles and Processes of Isolation of Elements, Haloalkanes and Haloarenes, Alcohols, Phenols and Ethers, Organic compounds containing Nitrogen, Aldehydes, Ketones and Carboxylic acids, Polymers, Biomolecules, Chemistry in Everyday life.
- Biology – Diversity in Living world, Structural Organisation in Animals and Plants, Cell: Structure and Function, Plant Physiology, Human Physiology, Sexual Reproduction, Genetics and Evolution, Biology and Human Welfare, Biotechnology and its applications, Ecology and Environment
BCECE 2022 Result
- The board will update the result in online mode through the official website.
- Candidates may check their results by entering their roll number and date of birth.
- The board will also upload rank cards of the candidates along with the result and merit list.
- Important information like Candidate’s Name, Roll Number, Qualifying Status, Overall Score, Sectional Score and Merit Rank.
- Aspirants must carry the original rank cards at the time of counselling.
- The counselling process will take place after the declaration of the result.
- Only those candidates who will score more than cut-off marks will be allowed to participate in counselling.
- In the counselling process, aspirants have to provide the choose the course and college in which they want to study.
- The verification of documents will also take place during counselling.
- Given below is the list of documents required during counselling.
- 12th Class Mark Sheet and Certificate
- 10th Class Mark Sheet and Certificate
- 12th class Admit card/ Hall ticket
- 10th class certificate or date of birth proof
- BCECE 2022 Application Form Part A and B
- BCECE 2022 admit card
- Domicile certificate for the native of Bihar state
- Category certificate (SC/ST certificate)
- Character Certificate
Frequently Asked Questions
Question – 1: In which mode the application form for BCECE 2022 will release?
Answer: The application form will release in online mode only.
Question – 2: Is it possible to pay the application fee offline?
Answer: Yes, candidates can pay the application fee offline through a bank challan.
Question – 3: How many times the BCECE 2022 exam will be conducted in a year?
Answer: The exam is conducted once a year.
Question – 4: What will happen if a candidate makes a mistake in the application form?
Answer: To help candidates rectify their mistakes, authorities will provide the correction window.