Bihar Public Service Commission Assistant Audit Officer 2022 is also known by the name of Bihar Audit Service 2022. BPSC will release the official notification for this recruitment most probably in the month of April 2022. Those candidates who want to apply have to fill and submit the application form in online mode. The selection process involves three rounds – Preliminary exam, Main Exam, and Interview. Only graduate candidates are eligible to apply. Candidates must check the eligibility criteria carefully before filling the form. Go through this post to check all the necessary information related to the BPSC AAO 2022.
BPSC AAO 2022 Important Dates
The tentative schedule of BPSC AAO 2022 is given in the following table.
|Main Events||Tentative Dates|
|Releasing of the official notification||2nd week of April 2022|
|Starting of the online application||3rd week of April 2022|
|Last date to submit the application form||Last week of June 2022|
|Last date to pay the application fee||Last week of June 2022|
|Availability of Admit Card||July 2022|
|Online examination||August 2022|
|Answer Keys||August 2022|
|Declaration of result||September 2022|
BPSC AAO Eligibility Criteria 2022
Candidates must ensure that they meet the following eligibility criteria before filling the form.
- Minimum Age – 21 years
- Maximum Age
- Unreserved Male – 37 years
- Unreserved Female – 40 years
- BC/ EBC – 40 years
- SC/ ST Candidates – 42 years
- Candidates must have complete graduation with any of the following subjects – Commence, Economics, Statistics or Mathematics from any of the recognized Universities.
- Aspirants with MBA (Finance), CA, ICWA, and CS certificates are also eligible for recruitment.
BPSC AAO Application Form 2022
The application process of BPSC AAO 2022 will take place in online mode only. Those interested and eligible candidates looking to apply need to fill and submit the application form before the last date. Go through the following steps in order to apply for BPSC AAO examination.
- First of all, you need to visit the official website i.e. www.onlinebosc.bihar.gov.in.
- On the official website, you will have to open the registration tab.
- At the time of registration, you are required to provide your basic details like name, phone number, and email address.
- Once registered, you need to sign in using the username and password generated during registration.
- Next, you are required to provide your complete educational, personal, and contact details.
- The details provided should be accurate. Otherwise, the form can get rejected.
- Along with the details, you need to upload scanned images of your photograph and signature.
- The size of the photograph should not exceed 25 kb and the size of the signature should not exceed 15 KB.
- Apart from this, all candidates are also required to pay the necessary application fee.
- Finally, take a printout of the application form and fee receipt for future reference. The printout should have the Registration Number, Bar Code and Submitted Application Number.
The application fees are different for candidates from various categories as given below.
- General, BC, EWS – Rs. 600/-
- SC, ST – Rs. 150/-
- Bihar Domicile Female candidates – Rs. 150/-
- The admit card for BPSC AAO 2022 preliminary exam will release in online mode.
- Those who will fill and submit the application form before the last date can download the admit card.
- Information related to the date, time, and venue of the examination will be mentioned on the admit card.
- No candidate will be allowed to take the exam without an admit card.
- Along with the admit card, candidates are required to carry one photo ID proof at the time of the examination.
BPSC AAO Selection Process 2022
- The selection process of BPSC AAO consists of the following rounds.
- Preliminary Exam
- Main Exam
- Those who will clear the preliminary exam will be allowed to take part in the main exam.
- Then, shortlisted candidates will be allowed to take part in the interview.
- The final merit list will be prepared on the basis of the candidate’s performance in the main exam and interview.
BPSC AAO 2022 Exam Pattern
The exam pattern is different for preliminary and main exams. The pattern of preliminary and main examinations is as follows.
- Mode of examination – Offline (pen and paper based test)
- Type of questions – Objective type multiple choice questions
- Number of questions – 150
- Duration of exam – 2 hours
- Maximum marks – 150 marks
- Language of questions – English and Hindi
|Paper||Number of questions||Total Marks|
|Total||150 questions||150 marks|
- Mode of examination – Offline (Pen and Paper based exam)
- Type of questions – Subjective type questions
- Number of papers – 4
- Duration of exam – 3 hours for each examination
- Maximum Marks – 1000
|General Hindi||3 hours||100 marks|
|General Studies Paper I||3 hours||300 marks|
|General Studies Paper II||3 hours||300 marks|
|Optional subject – Commerce/ Economics/ Mathematics/ Statistics||3 hours||300 marks|
Note: The interview will be of 120 marks
Bihar BPSC AAO Syllabus
The subject wise syllabus for BPSC AAO Exam 2022 is given below.
- General Studies – General Science, International current affairs, Indian and Bihar state history, Bihar state geography including important rivers, Indian Polity, Indian Economy, Indian freedom struggle and Bihar state’s contribution towards it, Bihar state’s economy (Post Independence period), Modern Indian History and culture.
- General Hindi – Essay writing, Grammar, Sentence formation/syntax, Conclusion/ Summary writing
- Mental Ability – Number series, Figural Pattern, Cubes and Dice, Analogies, Number ranking, Figurative classification, Classification, Blood relations, Arrangements, Arithmetical reasoning, Mathematical operations, Non-verbal series, Coding-Decoding, Logical Venn diagrams, Directions, Number, ranking & time sequence.
- General Studies Paper I – Indian culture, Modern history of India, Contemporary events of national and international importance, Statistical analysis, diagrams, and graphs.
- General Studies Paper II – Indian (and Bihar) Polity, Indian (and Bihar) Economy, Indian (and Bihar) Geography, Role and impact of science and technology in the development of India (and Bihar).
- Mathematics – Cartesian system of rectangular coordinates, Statistics, Differentiation, Introduction to Three dimensional geometry, Straight lines, Circles, Relations and functions, Logarithms, Complex numbers, Quadratic equations, Sequence and series, Trigonometry, Set and Set theory, Probability function, Limits and continuity, Applications of derivatives, Indefinite Integrals binomial theorem, Matrices, Determinants, Definite integrals, Conic sections, Permutation and combinations, Vectors, Exponential and logarithmic series.
Result and Merit List
- The result of the BPSC AAO examination both pre and main will release in online mode only.
- Those who want to check the result need to enter their roll number and registration details.
- The information about the subject-wise and total marks secured by candidates in the test will be mentioned on the result card.
- Along with the result, authorities will also release the merit list of candidates shortlisted for admission.
- The merit list will be prepared after adding marks secured by candidates in the main exam and the interview. Marks secured by candidates in the preliminary exam will not be counted in the final merit list.
- In case two candidates have equal marks then aspirants with better marks in the main exam will get a better position.
Frequently Asked Questions
Question – 1: What documents are required at the time of the interview?
Answer: You need to carry the following document at the time of the interview.
- Mark sheet of class 10th
- Certificate of class 10th
- Degree certificate of graduation
- Mark sheets of graduation
- Category certificate (SC/ ST/ OBC as applicable)
- EWS certificate (if applicable)
- Domicile certificate
- One photo ID proof
- 4 photographs of the candidate
Question – 2: Can i submit the application form for BPSC AAO 2022 in offline mode?
Answer: No, all candidates need to fill and submit the application form in online mode.
Question – 3: How many vacancies are there in the BPSC AAO?
Answer: The number of vacancies keeps on changing every year. You can check the number of vacancies as per the previous year’s notification.
- Unreserved – 54 seats
- Economically Weaker Section (EWS) – 14 seats
- Scheduled Caste – 22 seats
- Scheduled Tribe – 02 seats
- Extremely Backward Class – 25 seats
- Backward Class – 17 seats
- Women candidates of Backward classes – 4 seats
- Total seats – 138 seats
Question – 4: What is the maximum age to apply for BPSC AAO 2022 for female candidates?
Answer: Please note that female candidates for an unreserved category can apply up to the age of 40 years.